20 March 2010



Dear all, as I am sure you’ve probably guessed, this Pavilion show is not going to go through. There are two sides to this equation: Heritage Canada who initiated the project and asked if I wanted to do it and Cirque du Soleil which is in charge of the artistic programming and (I think is probably putting a lot of money into this pavilion because of their interests in China.)

I presented my proposal to Heritage Canada and to Cirque du Soleil a few weeks ago and they took forever to get back to me and when they did, they flat-out rejected it.

I am very sorry to have raised your hopes. The heritage Canada side lead me to believe that it was a sure thing but the curator from Cirque was not willing to collaborate. She basically had her own show planned and wasn’t willing to make the effort to include us.

Again I am very sorry to have wasted your time. Believe me I feel just as upset about this whole situation as you do.

I hope though, that we may have a chance to collaborate in the future!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how old was this person? 18, 19??

Anonymous said...

The [redacted]
project has not
deteriorated environment in [redacted], a sprawling
metropolis next to the project, Mayor Wang [redacted]
said Monday.

Water in the [redacted]
section of the [redacted] River
is clean and drinkable,
"and the water quality
is the best in Chinese cities
at current," Wang, who is also a delegate to the [redacted].

The city also enjoys good air.

It recorded 200 days with
good air quality last year
and may have more than 300 days this year, according to Wang.

The saying that the [redacted] project has caused environmental disasters could not stand scrutiny, Wang added.